Autism is a developmental disorder that appears in the first 3 years of life, and affects the brain’s normal development of social and communication skills.
People with autism may:
- Be overly sensitive in sight, hearing, touch, smell, or taste
- Have unusual distress when routines are changed
- Perform repeated body movements
- Show unusual attachments to objects
Ayurvedic treatments for Austism :
- Shirolepa – Shiorolepa is a specific technique through which herbal pastes are applied over the patients head. Firstly. Medicated oil is applied over the head and body, then finely grounded herbal paste is kept over the head(vetex) and the area is covered.
- Shirodhara – Shirodhara therapy that involves gently pouring liquids over the forehead is one of the steps involved in Panchakarma.
- Shiroabhyanga – Shiro Abhyanga is a procedure which is included in the category of Murdhni Taila (various methods of applying oil over the head). It is a type of Bahya Snehana (using of oil and conducting treatments over the body, externally).
- Shiropichu – Cotton pad or gauze soaked in oil is placed on the head or Brahmrandra eye and it is kept moist with warm oil. A treatment prescribed for all types of hair falls, facial paralysis, burning sensation of the eyes and neurological disorders.
- Basti – Basti karma concentrates on the elimination of the loosened vata dosha out through the rectum. The treatment involves the introduction of medicinal substances, such as, herbal oils and decoctions in a liquid medium, into the rectum of the person.